Steps to collect data:
1. Search SY MediaLab Big Data (SYMLBD) to download the app from App Store or Google Play;
2. Register with your email;
3. Get a code from SYMLBD reply email (check also Trash / Spam mailbox);
4. Key in the code to start;
5. Remember to turn on GPS;
6. See what people are using, choose one from the eight application icons;
7. If you want to change, press the icon again to remove it;
8. Collect up to 5 data, press Next;
9. Select Context from the list, click Submit; and
10. You can see a note that the data is sent, you can start again for the next round.
. Collect data only if you do not disturb people;
. Data collection do not involve any personal identity to keep data anonymous;
. There would be auto check to remind you to turn on GPS, to inform you to download the latest version of the app, to notify if the data is sent;
. If you have an earlier version, you need to uninstall the old one first;
. The code is matched with your email. If you use the same email to register, you will always receive the same code.
. Multi-tasking: If a person texts and listens to music at the same time, we count this situation as " texting" instead of "listening";
. Watching video on social media: Count it as "social media" but not "watching video".
Realtime chart - http://www.symedialab.org.hk/symlbd/rt-chart.php
Download raw data - will be available soon
For enquiry about the project, please email at: email@example.com
[ Home ]